Barrels & Diversen
Barrel Length vs Cylinder Hole Location
All posted Cylinder Lengths vs Barrel Lengths are Manufacturers recomendations. These lengths are designed as a guideline only. Changes in cylinder type or Barrel may result in loss or gain of fps and or increase or decrease in rate of fire.
List of what ranges of barrel lengths which cylinder types are recommended for:
- Barrel length: 110-170 mm suits with Type 1-2 cylinder Cylinder Type 1-2: Contain ports halfway down the cylinder
- Barrel length: 270-430 mm suits with Type 3-4 cylinder Cylinder Type 3-4: Contain ports 3/4 of the way down the cylinder, measured from the front (or cylinder head end) of the cylinder
- Barrel Length: 364-460 mm suits with Type 4-5 cylinder Cylinder Type 4-5: Contain ports 4/5 of the way down the cylinder, measured from the front (or cylinder head end) of the cylinder
- Barrel Length: 450-580 mm suits with Type 0 cylinder Cylinder Type 0: Do not contain any ports (holes in the cylinder)
- Barrels exceeding 600 mm Length suits with Bore-up kits
NOTE: It's a common misconception that simply installing things like bore-up kits and Type 0 cylinders in your gun will allow you to crank a higher FPS out of your average AEG.
NOTE: You want to get your volumes of your cylinder and barrel to match up as closely as possible. Having less volume in your cylinder than in your barrel will create FPS problems because the BB will begin to slow down before it even makes it out of the barrel. While a little more volume in your cylinder than in the barrel will not hurt anything, a general rule is it not have more than twice the volume of your cylinder as is in the barrel. This can cause problems due to turbulent air flow following the BB out of the barrel.
Winkelwagen - Shopping Cart
15-07-2019 - Reeds voor de tweede maal product besteld. Donderdag besteld, vrijdag... lees meer
25-05-2019 - Nu meerdere malen besteld in de shop en altijd een... lees meer
25-01-2019 - Via internet de Pyramex V3G met insert bestelt. Was de... lees meer